Permanent Foundation For Manufactured Homes
Are you looking for permanent foundation installation while buying or selling a manufactured home? Look no further than Dunlap Termite & Pest Control. Our team is experienced in working with realtors, lenders, escrow companies, home inspectors, and residents of manufactured homes, offering a full-service approach to make the process as smooth as possible. With our knowledge of the loan process, we can alleviate the stress and confusion by directly communicating with your realtor and lender.
We Work Around Your Needs
Our commitment to customer satisfaction drives everything we do at Dunlap. We take pride in offering top-quality services and delivering exceptional results. Our team of experienced professionals will work closely with you to understand your unique needs and provide tailored solutions that meet and exceed your expectations. With our permanent foundation installation service, you can rest assured knowing that your home is in safe and capable hands.
So why wait? Reach out to us today and let us take the stress out of the buying or selling process.
What is a Permanent Foundation?
A permanent foundation is a sturdy and durable support structure built under a manufactured home that is designed to provide long-term stability and safety of the structure. A permanent foundation affixes the home to the land through an all-steel foundation system and bonded piers—this process joins the home and land to be considered real property.
Here are some key characteristics of a permanent foundations:
- Materials: Permanent foundations are typically constructed using durable materials such as concrete, concrete blocks, or steel piers. These materials provide a solid and secure base for the home.
- Anchoring: The foundation is designed to anchor the manufactured home securely to the ground. This anchoring is important to prevent movement or shifting, especially during severe weather conditions like high winds or earthquakes.
- Compliance with Codes: Permanent foundations must comply with local building codes and regulations. These codes often specify the design, materials, and construction methods to ensure the foundation's stability and safety.
- Leveling: The foundation is constructed to ensure that the manufactured home is level. Proper leveling is essential for the structural integrity of the home and prevents issues such as uneven settling.
- Accessibility: Depending on local regulations, permanent foundations may include features such as crawl spaces or access points for inspection and maintenance purposes.
It's important to note that the specific requirements for permanent foundations can vary by jurisdiction. Local building departments or zoning offices will often have guidelines and regulations that must be followed when installing a permanent foundation for a manufactured home. Additionally, compliance with these standards may be necessary for financing or insurance purposes. That's why it is recommended to work with foundation professionals, such as those at Dunlap.
How are Permanent Foundations Installed?
The installation of permanent foundations for manufactured homes involves a series of steps to ensure stability, safety, and compliance with local building codes. The exact process varies depending on factors such as local regulations and soil conditions, but here is an overview of how permanent foundations are typically installed:
- Site Preparation: Clear the site of any debris or vegetation and level the ground to create a flat and even surface for the foundation.
- Excavation (if required): Excavate the soil to the required depth, if necessary, based on local building codes and soil conditions.
- Footings: Construct concrete footings at specified locations to support the foundation. The size and depth of the footings will depend on factors like the size of the home and local building codes.
- Foundation Piers or Blocks: Install either concrete piers or concrete blocks on the footings. These will serve as the primary support points for the manufactured home. Piers or blocks are strategically placed to support the home's steel frame or chassis.
- Tie-Downs and Anchoring: Install tie-downs and anchors to secure the manufactured home to the foundation. This is a crucial step to prevent movement or shifting, especially during severe weather conditions. Anchors are typically attached to the frame of the manufactured home and embedded in the foundation.
- Skirting Installation (if required): Install skirting around the base of the manufactured home for aesthetic purposes and to protect the space underneath.
- Inspections: Local building inspectors may conduct inspections at various stages of the installation process to ensure compliance with codes and regulations.
- Backfilling (if required): If excavations were made, backfill the area around the foundation to cover the footings and create a smooth, finished appearance.
- Final Grading: Grade the surrounding area to ensure proper drainage away from the foundation.
It's important to emphasize that the installation process should be carried out by professionals who are familiar with local building codes and regulations. Additionally, compliance with these standards is essential for the safety and long-term stability of the manufactured home. If you are considering installing a permanent foundation for a manufactured home, it is vital to consult with local authorities and professionals experienced in this type of construction.
Why Choose Dunlap?
When you choose Dunlap for your permanent foundation installation, you can trust that you're working with experts who are well-versed in the loan process. We understand the specific requirements and regulations associated with manufactured homes, allowing us to navigate the process smoothly and efficiently. By dealing directly with your realtor and lender, we eliminate unnecessary back-and-forth communication and ensure a seamless experience for everyone involved.
When you work with us, you can expect:
- Expertise: Our team of professionals has years of experience in installing permanent foundations for manufactured homes. We know the ins and outs of the process and adhere to industry best practices.
- Compliance: We ensure that all our installations meet the necessary codes and regulations set by local authorities. You can trust that your home will be on a solid foundation that complies with safety standards.
- Efficiency: We strive to complete the installation in a timely manner, minimizing any disruption to your daily routine. Our efficient process ensures that your home will be securely placed on its new foundation as quickly as possible.
Don't let the complexities of a sales or loan transaction for a manufactured home overwhelm you. Trust Dunlap to simplify the process and provide comprehensive support. Contact us today to learn more about our permanent foundation installation service and how we can assist you every step of the way.
As a locally-owned company, we are proud to service Charleston and the surrounding areas. Check out our service area to get started!